New Members Toolkit
- Your contact details are updated on our national database.
- The database is used for communication from the executive team only and will not be shared with any third parties.
Scitechtalk Email Forum (Free Service)
- Your email address must be registered with the forum.
- You can email questions and ideas to: [email protected] once you are registered.
- The Reply and Reply All button in your email program will both send to the whole group. You will be in contact with over 350 members to whom your email will be sent and seen.
- To email the individual sending the post, locate their email at the bottom of each email post. You can reply directly to them by clicking their email address.
Because so many people receive these emails on the forum and we have responsibilities to publishers of copyright material we have some guidelines we hope you will follow:
- The STANZ logo links you to the STANZ website.
- Keep the discussion to topics of interest to science technicians.
- Keep posts to a reasonable length.
- Be polite and considerate when commenting.
- If you would like to thank someone, send it to their individual email rather than the group.
- Don’t send test emails.
- Do not reply to test emails.
- Do not use icons in your email posts
- Do not send copyright or paid content through scitechtalk
- If you are unsure about your subscription, contact the Group Administrator, whose address can be found in the footer.
- Respect the privacy of members and do not post photos or identifying material unless you have checked with the person involved. Be aware that attributed content may appear in Accumulated Wisdom or Tech Tonic unless you specifically ask that you not be identified.
Newsletter (Subscription $20 pa per school)
A subscription newsletter is produced each term (4 per year). It is an informative
publication to keep members connected and up to date. You are very welcome to contribute by written article, photos, bits of interest. It is one of our few sources of income and allows us to offer other free services.
This password-protected website contains Accumulated Wisdom from our Scitechtalk email forum as well as templates for Safe Methods of Use and a large list of labels available for download.
A ConSTANZ conference is held every 2 years on the odd years (2019, 2021).
Check here for details.
Code of Practice for School Exempt Laboratories (2007) and Safety and Science (2000)
These two documents form the basis for working safely in school laboratories.
The Code of Practice is a guide to the use of chemicals (Hazardous Substances) in education.
To help you manage this document we have created a Code of Practice for Exempt Laboratories Toolbox.
Safety and Science has information on electrical equipment, use of animals and handling microorganisms as well as Forbidden chemical and biological procedures.